Office work occasionally requires you to sit at your desk for hours considering that most states approve of 8 hours per day. This is a lot of time to be seated and that is why you will find most individuals standing to help improve their posture and walking around to remain active. Nonetheless, this is certainly not enough to help maintain a healthy lifestyle focused towards your wellness. That is why we recommend that you go for the under desk treadmill.
With this workout equipment, you will be able to stay physically fit, improve blood circulation, lose weight, burn calories, and enjoy other health-oriented benefits. Other than making sure the treadmill is affordable, compact and featuring a LCD display on the console, there are other factors you should look out for. To help you shop successfully for the best under desk treadmill, we have prepared this article as a guide. Here is a review of the top ten under desk treadmills in the market.
Under Desk Treadmill Mini-reviews
Titan makes some of the most superior workout machines out there. This Under Desk Walking Treadmill is no exception. It is the perfect way for you to walk for physical fitness while you still do your office work. This walking treadmill is built to fit under the standard desk. It allows you to walk at a speed of 4 MPH, which is ideal for the office environment. It supports a weight capacity of 250 pounds, which covers a wide range of users. This model is 8 inches in height and features an overall footprint of 65 inches by 25 inches.
- It comes attached with wheels for ease of movement.
- Its performance is great and reliable at the 4 MPH speed.
- It offers great value for your money.
- It is quiet therefore perfect for the office.
- It has no pause function so you will lose all the workout data if you get out of the desk for a while.
TR1200-DT3 is designed with a quality console that features multiple readouts that include the time, speed and distance walked, step count, and the total calories burnt. It also comes with a belt whose speed can be easily adjusted between 0.4 to 4 MPH. With dimensions of 63″ L x 28.5″ W x 7.25″ H, one could say that this under desk treadmill is compact and small for storability as well as portability. It has a 2.25 HP Continuous Duty Motor, which is powerful and runs quietly.
- It features Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to track your workout program through the Active Track App by LifeSpan.
- It is quiet.
- The motor is of low quality and may need multiple replacements for better performance.
This under desk treadmill is designed to fit under a standing-height desk and comes with an ultra-thin body with 63 x 24 inches as the dimensions. This means that it will take up minimal space in your office. The control console is top quality as it features functions to track your exercise data and it has a memory of 20 minutes after you stop working out. If you do not like the console sound, you have a chance of stopping it. It supports 0.5 to 2.0 MPH in speed, which is great for office use. It allows a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds and weighs 88 pounds for mobility purposes.
- It is ideal for use in all office setups.
- The design is highly versatile, especially since it is portable.
- It comes fully assembled ready for use after unpacking.
- It is quiet when you run but some level of noise may be produced when you walk on it.
Are you looking for a way to relieve yourself off stress or stay physically fit as you burn that extra fat? If you are, TR800-DT3 is here to help you meet these goals and so much more. The length, width, and height measure 60.5 x 26 x 6.5-inch respectively with a belt height of 3.75-inch. It weighs approximately 96 pounds for portability, and it supports a weight capacity of 300 pounds. This model allows a speed of 0.4 – 4.0 mph that is great for use in the office. It is designed with a 2.0 HP Continuous Duty DC that is extremely powerful.
- It comes in wheels for ease of transport and storage.
- It is built for compatibility with various standing desks.
- The design saves a lot of space.
- It is not foldable for compactness.
- The motor may be noisy after a few months of use.
5. iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill for Offices Measures Walking, Standing, & Sitting Time, Calories Burned, Steps
This under desk treadmill comes with a console that features a digital touchscreen LCD. With this, you can efficiently track your workout data. The footprint is smaller as compared to other competitive brands and it is definitely much quieter. The latter is made possible by the 2.5 mm rubber and a 2-ply fabric belt. It comes with software that can be easily updated, making it possible to consider the future innovations.
- It has six compression shock absorbers for safety and enhanced performance.
- The motor is more powerful allowing for increased efficiency and reliability.
- It is sold as a standalone treadmill that may cause instability issues when using it under a detached desk.
This under desk treadmill is designed with precision motors that allow it to support 265 pounds and above. This caters for a wide range of users who are looking to stay active while they lose weight or eliminate back pain. Its noise level is at 46 dB, which makes it library quiet. This makes it an ideal choice for use in office spaces. It supports a user weight capacity of 400 pounds, which takes care of a wide range of users.
- It is sold with an electric height adjustable desk that accommodates users of varying heights.
- It features a digital controller that is designed with four presets.
- Few customer reviews for feedback on how effective or ineffective it is.
7. TrekDesk Treadmill Desk – Walking and Standing Desk for Treadmill – Perfect Treadmill Workstation
Doing your office work while walking on an under desk treadmill has become a trend for corporate wellness. Do not miss your chance of joining this healthy and productive lifestyle. Get yourself this integrated under desk treadmill and desk. The desk features a 72 inch by 34-inch workspace where you can place your laptop or iPad safely and work on all your tasks efficiently. Since the desk is not attached to the treadmill, you can move it using the wheels to workout with ease when you take a break from work.
- You can buy the treadmill or desk separately to use with other desks or treadmills.
- The desk is somewhat unstable when using separate treadmills.
This is the best under desk treadmill as it features black anodized aluminum on the side rails. For further uniqueness, it comes with two wheels mounted at the front that makes its portability easy. The wheels also come in handy considering the treadmill weighs about 119 pounds. It has a 3 HP motor, which is probably one of the most powerful in the market. It can support a maximum of 400 pounds, which is quite impressive. This model supports a speed range of 0.4 – 4.0 MPH. The workspace is made of heavy-duty steel for strength and durability.
- It is lightweight and ergonomically built.
- The LifeSpan TR5000-DT3 comes with Bluetooth compatibility, which allows you to track workout programs via the Active Trac App.
- It has a high capacity motor, which is also quiet.
- It comes with six impact-absorbing compression shocks.
- The motor may require occasional maintenance.
This integrated under desk treadmill is designed with three manual incline levels whose degrees are 0.3, 1.5, and 2.1. It supports a user weight capacity of 220 pounds and a speed range of 0.06 – 6MPH. The treadmill has a digital monitor on which you can track the time, speed, distance, and total calories burned. It weighs approximately 85 pounds, which renders it lightweight for mobility and storability. It comes with a detachable desk whose height you can adjust with the auto-incline buttons.
- The machine is sold with a detachable desk that has a large workspace.
- It has an auto-height adjustment function.
- It has transportation wheels for ease of mobility.
- The treadmill has a digital monitor screen to help keep track of your physical fitness goals.
- It lacks a pause button so you will have to start from scratch if you happen stop to perform small office tasks.
What other way can you walk and work in your office than with this Goplus under desk treadmill. It has an integrated desk whose tabletop provides a large surface area for working. The frame is constructed from premium quality steel for durability and strength to support a weight capacity of over 220 pounds. The running belt is 63 inches by 29 inches, which is sturdy for continuous office workout and guaranteed comfort.
- It has a detachable desk that is convenient for working and workout stability.
- The height of the tabletop is adjustable, which accommodates both short and tall persons for versatility.
- The treadmill is not foldable, which implies that it may occupy a large space in your office.
- You cannot use this treadmill without this specific desk for stability and efficiency.
Factors to consider when buying Under Desk Treadmills
Office work can be tedious and time consuming at the same time. All that time sitting down goes against how the human body has evolved to maintain itself healthily. It is for this matter that under desk treadmills were designed. With them, you can stay fit while doing work like answering calls, responding to emails, e-conferencing etc. Here are the factors to consider when buying one.
You want to get an under desk treadmill that is quiet and with minimal vibration. This will allow you to work diligently while still working out.
The console should come with a LCD display, be of a quality build, and have a user-friendly interface. This is because you will be interacting with it frequently to control the functions and monitor its operations.
You must consider the weight capacity that the treadmill can support. Take into account how strong the motor is and how sturdy it is to take your weight for stability.
You should also take into account the safety measures put in place to ensure that you are protected and safe throughout the workout process. These include a wide tread track.
The cost of an item is literally one of the first factors to consider before deciding on a purchase. You want to consider the price of the product against the functions of the features. Some treadmills may come with multiple features that are of no use with the aim of charging a high cost for them.
If you are looking to use your under desk treadmill in the office only, you should go for the models with a slow speed. This is because you are definitely going to work best if you exercise at a low speed. However, if you want to run or jog after work, you may go for one whose speed limit can be adjusted as per your needs.
You want your under desk treadmill to come with USB charging ports so that you can readily connect it to your mobile device. Connectivity to your smartphone, for instance, will allow you to access your workout data.
Integrated or the standalone under desk treadmill
If you are determined to workout with this treadmill type in your office, you should go for those with attached desks. This way, you will be guaranteed of stability amid the numerous movements as you work out.
Under desk treadmills are a great way for you to work comfortably in your office as you exercise. You are able to maintain a healthy lifestyle that guarantees your wellbeing while you meet your work objectives with a better performance. Instead of feeling all worked up in the evening, you are full of energy and efficiency.
Prior to purchasing any under desk treadmill, you should know that it is an investment. Therefore, you will need to pick the right one. To do this, you need to consider factors such as its price, speed, console, weight capacity etc.